We recognise that your privacy is very important and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect from you.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the National Privacy Principles (NPP’s) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
Types of information collected We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, such as your name, address, other contact details and other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
Purpose of Collection
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- providing services to you or someone else you know;
- processing an application you have made;
- acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- undertaking various activities required by law;
- providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with offer, that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with promotional information about us, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
Methods of Collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email or through a telephone conversation with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Failure to Provide Information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
Use and Disclosure
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). Although, we may disclose personal information about you to:
- a purchaser of the assets and operations of our business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern; and our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with for the purposes of providing you with information about services and various promotions that might be of interest to you.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We will endeavour to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request. We may decline a request for access to personal information where the Privacy Act requires us to do so.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Links to Other Websites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked web sites and so linked web sites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
Postal Address: 24-26 Queensland Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218
Phone: +61 7 5585 8888
Fax: +61 7 5585 8890
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site at www.privacy.gov.au